Taunton , MA
• Direct Hire
• Job Number:244274
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow.
• Using a CAD system, designs tooling such as jigs and fixtures to assist in manufacturing.
• Assists and performs product design as directed to supplement team efforts in ensuring efficient production methods.
• Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Applies statistical methods to data collection techniques to assist in quality and process controls.
• Review and approval of analysis results, authorization of re-analysis, calculation of process solution additions and corrections, and the preparation and approval of analysis procedures as required.
• Develops tests and works with testing methods to assist in product development and manufacturing process improvements.
• Completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; in related engineering discipline
• One to five years related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format and effectively present information to top management.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to operate CAD systems.